District Fees & Billing Questions
This page is designed to be a resource for answers to commonly asked fee-related questions regarding PayForIt, consolidated billing and transportation fees.
- I am having difficulty adding my child(ren) to my PayForIt account. Where can I find the information necessary to add a student?
- I have paid for some fees, but they are still showing in PayForIt. Why do some fees not disappear after I pay them?
- Why am I not able to pay by automated check in PayForIt this year?
- Who can I contact to get help with creating an account in PayForIt?
- Who can I contact if I have questions about the consolidated bill?
- How can I update the email address that is used for the monthly electronic consolidated bill?
- Where can I view my consolidated bill?
- My household is eligible for free or reduced lunches, why do I have student fees on my consolidated billing statement?
- Some of the fees that are showing on my billing statement are not showing in PayForIt?
- I believe I my family qualified for Free/Reduced status but my student is still being charged for previous year fees?
- My student has moved and or does not currently attended an Adams12 school; why did I receive a Consolidated Bill?
- I am being charged for a library book/damaged book. Where can I find out what book the bill is referring to?
- I received a bill for a student that is not part of my household, what should I do?
- What should I do if I am a Foster parent and have received a bill for student fees?
- I was a Court Appointed Guardian for a student but I am no longer the guardian and received a bill for student fees. What do I need to do so I don’t continue to receive these bills?
- I was the temporary guardian of a student through a Power of Attorney but no longer have that child in my care. What do I need to do so I don’t continue to receive these bills?
- I have been charged for Transportation but my child does not ride the bus.
- My student didn't go on the field trip that I am still being charged for; who do I call?
- My student graduated and I cleared all outstanding fees that were due at that time. Why are we now receiving a consolidated bill?
A: The information required to add a student to your PayForIt account includes: school name, student first and last name, grade level, and Student ID number. This information must match the information in the Adams 12 Five Star Schools student information system, Infinite Campus. If you have an Infinite Campus portal account you can login there and view the information we have on file for your child(ren). If you don’t have a portal account you can get one through the following link: Infinite Campus Portal.
If you’re still unable to add a student, or would like help adding a student, contact any district school and can help you get the information necessary to add a student.
A: Optional Fees are designed to allow families to choose whether or not they want to pay for them. They also can be paid multiple times and thus will remain visible in PayForIt, even after being paid. For example, a student might participate in multiple team sports making it necessary to purchase the athletic fee for each sport they participate in during the year. Parents can view the payments they have made using the Infinite Campus portal and they can view all of the payments they make in PayForIt using the Payment History option in PayForIt.
A: Adams 12 Five Star Schools is absorbing the convenience fee cost that parents have paid in prior years. Since the parent no longer is responsible for the convenience fee the automated check option is no longer necessary. Adams 12 Five Star Schools still accepts checks, but they must be paid at a school site.
A: Please use the Contact Us tab in PayForIt if you are having difficulties creating an account or navigating PayForIt. If you’re unable to get your question answered you can always contact your child's school for further help.
Consolidated Billing Questions
A: Please contact your student's school if you have questions about your bill. You can also email email@example.com with more general questions.
A: Please contact any of your children's schools and they will be able to help you update your contact information.
A: The consolidated bill is available starting June 15, 2013 in the Infinite Campus Portal. If you don’t have a portal account you can get one by going to Infinite Campus.
A: Please contact your school and ask about the free and reduced information release form. All families who want to have student fees waived or reduced must sign this form. Some fees are not eligible to be waived based on free and reduced status.
A: Please contact any of your children's schools and let them know which fees are not showing in PayForIt.
A: Not all fees are free/reduced eligible. Each family must self-identify or sign an information release form.
A: During your students enrollment in Adams12 fees were assessed. Please contact the school indicated on the billing statement for clarification.
A: Detailed descriptions of book charges can be viewed through the Campus Portal. If you do not have a Portal account, contact the school your student is currently attending.
A: Contact your child’s school and verify that the contact information is accurate. If you need to make changes please fill out a household change form and submit this form to your child's school.
A: Contact the student’s school and the fees will be adjusted as applicable.
A: You will need to provide a copy (to the school) of the new court order showing that guardian status has been rescinded by the court.
A: The parent of the student that granted Power of Attorney to you will need to contact the school and revoke the Power of Attorney order on file.
A: Transportation charges are assigned to the youngest child in the household, even if that child is not a rider. For additional help, please contact the Adams 12 Transportation Department.
A: Please contact the school your student attended
A: Some automated fees were assessed after graduation. Please contact your student’s school.