Cherry Drive Elementary School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov 8 the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Cherry Drive's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building interiors, equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, school grounds, early childhood education, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing exterior window and door systems
- Repair and restore failing gym floor
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace aging plumbing fixtures
- Upgrade electrical components for increased capacity and to avoid building power loss
- Upgrade heating and cooling system for enhanced temperature and efficiency management
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
- Address site drainage to prevent water intrusion into building
Early Childhood Education
- Expand learning opportunities for students ages 3-5
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.