Federal Heights Elementary School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov 8 the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Federal Heights' specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus replacing the roof], equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, early childhood education, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof replacement as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Replace roof
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for safety, code compliance, drainage and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules
- Install digital security camera system
Early Childhood Education
- Expand learning opportunities for students ages 3-5
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety and security upgrades, and specials/electives.