Glacier Peak Elementary School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov 8 the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Glacier Peak's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2019: All proposed work listed below in equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
2021: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure
2022: Roof repairs as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground to address safety and aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.