The International School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov 8 the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for The International School's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: Exterior concrete work as listed below in school grounds
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure; HVAC and plumbing work as listed below in building systems/safety & security
2020: Roof and skylight repairs as listed below in building structure; all additional work listed below in building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing skylight systems
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace heating and cooling system components for comfort and increased reliability
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Improve security camera system
- Correct water intrusion issue
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.