Mountain View Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Mountain View Elementary is currently in the pre-design phase. A Design Advisory Group has been appointed to help the architectural team define the scope of potential renovation and remodel work.
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
- Address site drainage to prevent water intrusion into building
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Install digital security camera system
Capacity / Overcrowding
- Build a new school in the Anthem neighborhood to address community growth and prevent future overcrowding *Population Relief
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.