North Star Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
North Star Elementary is currently in the pre-design phase. A Design Advisory Group has been appointed to help the architectural team define the scope of potential renovation and remodel work.
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
Architect: BWG Architects
- Replace failing exterior windows
- Replace failing skylight systems
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for ADA accessibility and replace aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water lines
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.