Northglenn High School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov 8 the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Northglenn High's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus the roof replacement], building systems/safety & security, school grounds, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof replacement as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Replace roof section and repair/restore additional sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms
- Replace failing exterior windows and doors
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace heating and cooling system components for comfort and increased reliability
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Upgrade emergency response system
- Improve security camera system
- Realign student parking for safer traffic flow
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
- Convert space for multipurpose turf field in Northglenn Community
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ADA accessibility, ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace theater and music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Significant renovations to Five Star Stadium to address safety and ADA accessiblity impacting all high schools
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.