Northglenn Middle School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov 8 the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Northglenn Middle's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building interiors, building systems/safety & security, school grounds, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Rebuild entry wall to prevent water intrusion
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Renovate bathrooms
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Improve security camera system
- Repair/restore track
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.