2016-17 KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
- Kindergarten Parent Guide English (en español)
- Countdown to Kindergarten Handouts (in both English and Spanish)
- Countdown to Kindergarten Power Point Presentation
- Cuenta Regresiva para Kindergarten Presentación de Power Point
- Map of Kindergarten Locations by Program Type
Four Different Kindergarten Options with Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1. Extended Day Kindergarten Program (EDKP)
The priority application window for the tuition-based, extended day kindergarten program (EDKP) begins January 25th and runs through February 5th. Admissions to extended day kindergarten programs do not go through the Choice Program and instead are managed by each school. You can apply directly to whichever school you are interested in attending. If you are not placed in your desired school’s program but would still like an extended day program, the district will make every effort to place you in the school nearest to your residence.
Out-of-boundary or out-of-district families that would like to attend an extended day kindergarten program may apply at any participating elementary school. Placement into an extended day kindergarten program will be dependent on space availability. Students will be placed following a six-tiered priority with the first priority going to boundary students with siblings already attending the school, second priority to boundary students who do not have have siblings already attending the school, third priority to in-district students with siblings at the requested school, fourth priority to out-of-district students with siblings at the school, fifth priority to in-district students who do not have siblings at the requested school and a sixth priority to out-of-district students who do not have siblings at the requested school.
After February 5th, enrollment for the extended day kindergarten program can still be taken at any school until the program is full. The school options at that time will be dependent on the space available.
The following schools may have space in their tuition-based, extended day kindergarten:
- Arapahoe Ridge Elementary: 720-972-5740
- Centennial Elementary: 720-972-5280
- Cherry Drive Elementary: 720-972-5300
- Cotton Creek Elementary: 720-972-5340
- Coyote Ridge Elementary: 720-972-5780
- Eagleview Elementary: 720-972-5760
- Glacier Peak Elementary: 720-972-5940
- Hunters Glen Elementary: 720-972-5440
- Leroy Elementary: 720-972-5460
- Meridian Elementary: 720-972-7880
- Mountain View Elementary: 720-972-5520
- Prairie Hills Elementary: 720-972-8780
- Riverdale Elementary: 720-972-5580
- Silver Creek Elementary: 720-972-3940
- Skyview Elementary: 720-972-5620
- Stellar Elementary: 720-972-2340
- Tarver Elementary: 720-972-5640
- Westview Elementary: 720-972-5680
Tuition for each extended day kindergarten program throughout Adams 12 Five Star Schools is $300 per month. A $50 enrollment fee is due upon acceptance into the program by February 19th and the balance of $250 will be due by March 11th. This $300 will be applied toward the May 2017 tuition payment. Any student for whom an enrollment fee has not been deposited by February 19th may be removed from the extended day class roster and their space given to the next student on the wait list.
2. Kindergarten Program at Magnet Schools
Only tuition-based, extended day kindergarten will be offered at Hulstrom K-8, STEM Magnet Lab, STEM Launch and The Studio School. Because these schools only offer tuition-based, extended day kindergarten, scholarships for students that receive free or reduced lunch will be available. Admissions to kindergarten programs at magnet schools are managed by the Choice Program.
3. Half-day Kindergarten
Enrollment for half-day kindergarten begins January 25th. There is no tuition for these programs. Enrollment is at each elementary school. For times, please contact your boundary school. To register for a half-day program, you must either live within the boundary of that school or be approved via the Choice Program to attend the school.
4. Full-day Programs at Title I Schools:
Enrollment for full-day kindergarten at Title I schools begins January 25th and runs through the first day of school in August 2016. To register at one of these schools, you must either live within the boundary of that school or be approved via the Choice Program to attend the school. For enrollment times at each of the following Title I schools, please contact the school directly: Coronado Hills, Federal Heights, Hillcrest, Malley Drive, McElwain, North Mor, North Star, Rocky Mountain, Stukey and Thornton Elementary. The district uses Federal Title dollars at Title I schools to pay for the second half of the day and therefore there is no charge for tuition.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools requires the following information to enroll your student: completed enrollment packet, birth certificate, up-to-date immunization record and two proof of residencies (utility bill, cable bill, trash bill, rental or purchase agreement with your name and address showing). Please bring these documents with you to enroll.