Quality of Life
Those who live in Colorado love the outdoors. The reason: the state enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine a year. The metro Denver area is home to the nation's largest city park system, nearly 100 golf courses and more than 850 miles of paved bike trails. Here are some of the area's highlights:
- 10th largest downtown in the U.S.
- Mile-long pedestrian promenade lined with outdoor cafes and flower baskets
- Mountain views from every downtown street
- Home to three new sports stadiums
- 300 restaurants
- A collection of museums, a variety of galleries and shopping
Museums & Culture
- One of the highest educated populations in the U.S.
- The Denver Art Museum is one of the largest art museums between Chicago and the West Coast, with a collection of more than 70,000 works of art divided between nine permanent collections including African, American Indian, Asian, European and American, modern and contemporary, pre-Colombian, photography, Spanish Colonial, and western American art.
- The Denver Performing Arts Complex is the second largest in the nation with ten theatres seating 10,000 people for the theatre, symphony, opera and ballet.
Sports - seven professional sports teams
- NFL Denver Broncos
- Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies
- NHL Colorado Avalanche
- NBA Denver Nuggets
- Major League Soccer's Colorado Rapids
- Major League Lacrosse's Denver Outlaws
- National Lacrosse League's Colorado Mammoth
To learn more, visit the Denver Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau.