Employees of the Year and Employee Awards as Nominated By Peers
Though we are not together this spring, we still have incredible employees to celebrate for the great year we had! We continue to ELEVATE student success, in school or at home, by recognizing the great work all our employees do each day for our students. From teachers to custodians, principals to counselors, the many different roles and responsibilities of Five Star employees ELEVATE student success in every classroom, every day
Adams 12 Five Star Schools, in partnership with the District Twelve Educators Association (DTEA) and the Classified School Employees' Association (CSEA), announce the employees of the year for the Five Star District! We are proud of every employee in our community and excited to announce those who colleagues have designated as going above and beyond for student success - in the classroom or from a distance.
All district employees were invited to nominate colleagues at will. Nominations involved answering questions regarding how the nominee fulfills our mission and vision, and goes above and beyond to ELEVATE student success. To determine winners, committees for each category made up of staff from various roles met to decide on the finalists and winners. Winners receive recognition online and a future in-person date (depending on COVID-19 restrictions).
- Classified: Operational staff such as office staff, custodians, nutritional services, etc.
- Certified: Staff who are licensed in their field such as teachers and counselors, etc.
- Administration: School and district leadership such as principals and district staff, etc.
- Substitutes: Classified and Certified substitutes (guest teachers) across the district
- Diversity and Equity Award: A staff members who provides exceptional leadership and outstanding commitment to the advancement of excellence through diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. Read more here.
- Strengths in Action Award: Employees, family or community members who exemplify one of our ELEVATE strengths in an extraordinary way: care, collaboration, empower, engage or focus on students.
- Volunteers of the Year: A volunteer at the school or district level.
Announcing Nominees, Finalists and Winners
Starting April 27, nominees, finalists and winners from each category are announced on a weekly basis. Check back often for updates here: www.adams12.org/2019-20EOTY