Reimbursable Meal Prices (effective 1/7/13)
|High School Paid||$1.85||$9.25|
|Reduced (all grade levels)||No charge||No charge|
|Reduced PK-2||No charge||No charge|
|Free PK-5||No charge||No charge|
|MIDDLE & HIGH LUNCH||Daily||Weekly|
|Middle & High Reduced||$.40||$2.00|
|Middle & High Free||No charge||No charge|
*Prices subject to change.
The school district has a charge policy for each level that applies at all schools: Elementary - 2 charges, Middle - 1 charge, and High - no charges. Nutrition Services is an enterprise fund which means it does not receive general fund support from the district, and thus must generate funds through student and adult meal sales, snack sales, and federal and state reimbursement in order to pay operating expenses and fees to the district. Therefore, unpaid charges affect the ability of Nutrition Services to support itself and its employees.
District meal charge policy goals are:
- To treat all students with dignity in the serving line regarding meal accounts;
- To support positive situations with district staff, district business policies, students and parents to the maximum extent possible;
- To establish policies that are age appropriate;
- To encourage parents to assume the responsibility of meal payments and to promote self-responsibility of the student;
- To establish a consistent district policy regarding charges and collection of charges.
Here are all of the notification steps we take so you and your student know when money is needed:
- When your student has two prepaid lunches remaining in his/her account, the cashier will remind your child. Your child may voluntarily stamp his/her hand with a "Need Lunch Money" stamp to remind him/her to ask for lunch money.
- The cashier will repeat step one when your student has just one prepaid lunch remaining.
- At the first charge, the cashier will again suggest your student stamp his/her hand with the "Need Lunch Money" stamp and we will feed your student a full meal.
- At the second charge (available only at elementary), we will again remind your student and suggest (s)he stamp his/her hand with "Need Lunch Money" stamp.
- At the third and fourth charges for elementary, or second and third charges for middle, we will feed your student a complimentary meal. For the complimentary meal, the student can choose from a salad or veggie, fruit, whole wheat bread, and a milk. The cashier will again ask your student to stamp his/her hand or pick up a "Need Lunch Money" coupon as a reminder to bring money. We will provide up to two complimentary meals free of charge.
- An automated call is placed to your home on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays when your child owes charges.
- Hands are not stamped at the Middle School, but verbal reminders are given.
Remember that your child may select an extra entree or ala carte items, which may reduce the amount of money left in your student's account. If you wish to prohibit these services, you may notify the manager or assistant manager at your child's school, and we will put a note to that effect in the computer. You may also designate that your child can NEVER charge, and we will also record that request in your student's file.
Please help us keep meal costs down. Pay your student's charges promptly. Uncollected charges and the service costs associated with collecting those charges, increases meal prices for all students.
The POS system in our school district is being updated. Until the update is completed School Payment Solutions will be unable to update the student balance on their website. Please contact your specific school kitchen if you need to know your child's balance during this time. School Payment Solutions will also be unable to send reminder emails letting you know when your student's balance is low. Payments into the online account may still be made and will reach your studnt's account at their school. This update could take several months to complete. A notification of the completion of this update will be placed on their website. This will begin on Aug. 30, 2012.
Adams12 Five Star Schools offers a certified, secure, third party provider (School Payment Solutions) which allows parents to make payments into their child's account via the web. Learn how to get started with this new online payment option.