Have You Ever Wondered?
- Where does money for education go?
- What’s the value of different assessments?
- How you can make a difference in state education policies?
Get answers to these questions, and so much more, while making lasting connections with district leaders, parents and community members through the Five Star Leadership Academy.
The Five Star Leadership Academy provides an opportunity for parents and community members to learn about school district and state education affairs, creating a sense of shared responsibility and partnership which leads to future leadership roles.
The one-year program for accepted applicants starts each fall and meets once a month on Fridays from September through May. All meetings take place from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Educational Support Center (ESC), 1500 E. 128th Ave. in Thornton.
The goal of the Five Star Leadership Academy is to empower members to become involved in state and local education and take on future leadership roles within the district by becoming a group who:
- Knows What: Knowledge of district and public education policies, actions and works.
- Knows Who: Personal relationships with school administrators and staff, elected officials and other parents and community members.
- Knows How: Healthy Public Participation with an increased knowledge of navigating "wicked" problems and engaging with differing opinions.
What Others Are Saying
The application window for the 2016-2017 Leadership Academy has now closed. Applications for the 2017-18 Five Star Leadership Academy will open in spring 2017.
For questions, please contact Mark Poshak.