CPP (Colorado Preschool Program) Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year
We will be continuing CPP enrollment during the COVID-19 closure. We are mindful of the impact of the closure and remain committed to supporting the needs or our district families through the enrollment process. Please read below for instructions on our new virtual application process.
1. Please review eligibility criteria for CPP in Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
- Students must meet age requirements and qualifying risk factors. All 4 year old students must meet at least one of the qualifying risk factors (4 on or before October 1, 2020). All qualifying 3 year olds (3 on or before October 1, 2020) must meet at least three of the qualifying risk factors.
Students need to qualify with state criteria for eligibility into the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP), which is at no cost to the family. Below are the qualifying risk factors.
- The child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch
- Homelessness of the child’s family
- Child is receiving services from the State Department of Social Services as neglected or dependent children
- Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
- Poor social skills of the child
- Frequent relocation by the child’s family to new residences
- The child’s parent or guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent
- Parent(s) of the child was less than eighteen years of age and unmarried when the child was born
- Drug or alcohol abuse in the child’s family
- An abusive adult residing in the home of the child
- During Round 1 of enrollment, the child and parent/guardian must reside within the Adams 12 Five Star School Boundaries. Please use the boundary locator to determine if you live within Adams 12 Boundaries https://www.adams12.org/departments/admissions/boundary-locator. During Round 2 of enrollment, families who reside outside of the Adams 12 Five Star School Boundaries may be considered for enrollment.
2. Please complete this CPP Enrollment Application 2020-2021 form:
Upon submission of application, eligibility for the program will be determined using the above qualifying factors. Please allow 4 weeks to be contacted by the preschool team regarding eligibility and next steps. In the next steps you will be able to request your choice of location for Preschool. A list of Preschool locations for 2020-2021 can be found here.
If you have any questions, contact our Early Childhood Office by email at email@example.com or by calling 720-972-8760. For Spanish only - call 720-972-3870.
At Adams 12 Child Find, we make sure that children demonstrating they may have difficulty in learning or possible delays, can get the help they need to be successful. Below is a list of developmental areas that we may evaluate:
- academic (early learning/concepts, thinking, problem solving, preschool access skills)
- communication (articulation, language, fluency and voice)
- motor (fine and gross motor)
- hearing and/or vision
Children can be referred to Child Find by a parent, doctor or community agency. The process for children age 3-5 will begin with a developmental screening and when appropriate, a multi-disciplinary, play-based, evaluation. The team, including parents, will then make some decisions about next steps, which include eligibility for special education services.
If you have concerns about your child's development please contact:
Birth to 3 years old
For children who are ages birth through 3 years old, we partner with an outside agency. The agency is dependent upon which county you live in: