North Star Elementary is a safe, vibrant school community where students and staff thrive and seek opportunities to expand their knowledge and perspective through critical and innovative thinking.
The school works to maintain high expectations for all students, while recognizing the importance of meeting each learner where they are and providing the support they need to reach their potential. With a focus on transforming teaching and learning, North Star teachers collaboratively work to make the academic standards accessible for all students in a warm and engaging environment where students find joy and purpose.
During their time at North Star, students acquire a love of learning, an understanding of how to work with others, and a deep curiosity for the world around them.
PEAK Learning Center: A grant-funded program that aims to help students improve in school. The center provides a safe and nurturing environment, academic support, nutritional snacks, homework help, guided reading practice, social and emotional lessons, enrichment and recreational opportunities, and parent events.
Kindergarteners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see Superintendent Policy 5230.
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend. In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend an Adams 12 school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program. Applications for extended day kindergarten programs are accepted directly at participating schools.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Household Information Packet per family and an individual Student Information Packet for each student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Enrollment Packet (English - Spanish)
- Additional Student Packet (English - Spanish)
- Household Change Form (English - Spanish)
- Transfer Application (English - Spanish)
- Immunization Information (Elementary - Secondary)
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.