Thornton Elementary provides students with a challenging, engaging, relevant and inquiry-based education with an internationally-minded focus.
Thornton is proud to be an International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme school and is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. The IB programme is comprised of a transdisciplinary framework that encourages students to develop an understanding of the world around them through their rigorous studies. Spanish is offered as second language for kindergarten through fifth grade.
In addition to classroom studies, Thornton is committed to providing a warm environment where students can excel academically and socially. The school offers many activities for student growth and enrichment. In partnership with parents and the community, Thornton provides a well-rounded, exciting educational experience for students to learn and grow.
Kindergarteners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see Superintendent Policy 5230.
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend. In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend an Adams 12 school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program. Applications for extended day kindergarten programs are accepted directly at participating schools.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Household Information Packet per family and an individual Student Information Packet for each student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Enrollment Packet (English - Spanish)
- Additional Student Packet (English - Spanish)
- Household Change Form (English - Spanish)
- Transfer Application (English - Spanish)
- Immunization Information (Elementary - Secondary)
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.