Thornton High School's website is currently in transition. Find current information here until new site is available.
2016-2017 Graduation Information
View the graduation presentation from Thornton's parent and student meeting held April 26, 2017, along with the CU Event Center parking information and a copy of CU's new Clear Bag Policy. Please make sure you review all of the information, especially the Clear Bag Policy and share this information with all who will be attending the ceremony.
About the School
Thornton High School fosters a diverse, multi-cultural environment committed to success for all students in preparation for the global workforce and economy.
Students are encouraged to be independent, globally-minded, creative problem-solvers through the International Baccalaureate Programme. The world-renown IB programme “develops inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.” Students graduating with an IB Diploma have the opportunity to earn up to 24 college credits.
Established in the early 1990s, Thornton’s IB programme is one of the oldest in the state. Thornton implemented the IB programme schoolwide with the 2015 freshman class.
In addition to the IB programme, Thornton offers students challenging Advanced Placement courses and a variety of athletic and extracurricular activities.
Kindergarteners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see Superintendent Policy 5230.
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend. In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program. Applications for extended day kindergarten programs are accepted directly at participating schools.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Household Information Packet per family and an individual Student Information Packet for each student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Enrollment Packet (English - Spanish)
- Additional Student Packet (English - Spanish)
- Household Change Form (English - Spanish)
- Transfer Application (English - Spanish)
- Immunization Information (Elementary - Secondary)
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.