- Promote a rigorous, relevant, and responsive education with multiple pathways to success
- Provide an environment that reflects high expectations that all students can and will learn
- Encourage students to own their learning through authentic engagement which leads to success
- Collaborate effectively to improve outcomes for students and staff through the implementation of the Teaching/Learning Cycle
- Ensure a highly skilled, dedicated, caring staff that positively influences student learning
- Utilize reflection as an essential element for learning, growth and development
- Support shared responsibility for student success through involvement of students, staff, families and community
- Establish a safe, supportive, respectful and productive learning environment for all students and staff
- Celebrate and honor diversity as an essential asset for learning
- By 2015, all schools will meet or exceed the state proficiency average in reading, writing, math and science.
- Schools exceeding the state proficiency average in reading, writing, math, and science will increase the percentage of students performing at proficient and advanced each year.
The Learning Services Department has taken on an ambitious agenda to improve curriculum, instruction, and assessment for students and staff. Below are a few initiatives that Adams 12 is learning about and working on:
600 educators are piloting the newly adopted Colorado Academic Standards and resources. The resources were created by each of our content areas support and enhance the Colorado Academic Standards.
38 schools are piloting tenets of grading practices, which will impact enhance student learning.
Implementation of a Interim Assessment System (MAP)
Ten elementary schools are researching and implementing the practices of content specialization.