Please feel free to browse our superintendent policies online.
|Contact:||Adams 12 Five Star Schools|
Christopher E. Gdowski, Superintendent
|Christopher E. Gdowski,
Five Star District thrives from partnership between staff, students, parents and community members
Strong schools build strong communities, and strong communities support strong schools. That’s the spirit of the five cities that make up Adams 12 Five Star Schools: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster. While each community has its unique identity, they share a common commitment in supporting the staff and students of Adams 12 Five Star Schools.
Collaboration amongst our staff, parents and community members supports student success. The partnerships are countless, but here’s a sampling of how we work together in the Five Star District to see our students thrive:
- The collaboration between staff and industry make possible the August 2010 opening of the district’s STEM Magnet Lab School.
- Staff members at Silver Creek Elementary volunteer their time to support the school’s summer reading program.
- Parent leaders with the District School Improvement Team partner with staff in developing transition tips to help parents better support their kindergartners.
- The Adams County Youth Initiative is a countywide collaborative of school districts, law enforcement, juvenile justice, mental health, social services, public health, workforce development and the local early childhood council that is committed to ensuring every Adams County child graduates from high school without a delinquency or substance use problem.
- Nearly 100 senior citizens volunteer thousands of hours each year in our schools, helping students fine tune their math skills or improve their reading comprehension.
- Local churches provide much-needed clothing, food and basic necessities for Five Star families in need.
These partnerships lead to student success. This spirit of collaboration creates an atmosphere where students feel welcomed, supported and encouraged to excel and meet their potential. Here are just a few examples of how our students have excelled in the Five Star District:
- The Five Star District saw growth in the percentage of students scoring proficient and advanced on the 2011 Writing CSAP test in seven out of eight grade levels.
- District elementary and middle school students met or exceeded the state average for proficient and advanced on the 2011 Math CSAP in three of six grade levels.
- Five of our schools earned top honors in 2011 from the State of Colorado for outstanding performance on statewide assessments.
- Two teams, representing multiple high schools in the Five Star District, competed in the national finals of the National Engineering Design Challenge organized by the Junior Engineering Technical Society (JETS).
- Each year, hundreds of graduating seniors in the Five Star District earn millions in college scholarships. The total for the Class of 2011 exceeded $15 million.
This is the power of the whole working in support of student success. I join the thousands of employees of Adams 12 Five Star Schools in thanking you for your commitment to our schools and our students.