Century Middle School
Complete - New and improved! We're excited to say, your investment plan is now complete. This process was a collaborative effort. With your help, we're engaging and inspiring all students to innovate to achieve and succeed in a safe environment.
Exterior site drainage improvement work to prevent water intrusion into building was completed at Century Middle School in Summer 2020.
Previous bond improvement work took place in Summer 2019 and included:
- New carpeting and paint throughout the school
- New instrument storage in both the orchestra and band rooms
- Upgraded and additional security cameras
- New interactive whiteboards and projectors in every classroom (already installed)
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels - COMPLETED
2020: Site drainage work as listed below in school grounds - COMPLETED
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace - COMPLETED
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Upgrade fire alarm control system - COMPLETED
- Improve security camera system - COMPLETED
- Address site drainage to prevent water intrusion into building - COMPLETED
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems - COMPLETED
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems - COMPLETED
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives - COMPLETED