Cherry Drive Elementary School
Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Cherry Drive Elementary bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) is being formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. The majority of this construction work is anticipated to take place in Summer 2019 with the conversion of existing kindergarten classrooms to Early Childhood Education classrooms to take place in Summer 2018.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: Early Childhood Education classroom conversion - COMPLETED
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building interiors, equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, school grounds and renovations & remodels
Architect: Hord Coplan Macht
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Hausmann Construction
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing exterior window and door systems
- Repair and restore failing gym floor
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace aging plumbing fixtures
- Upgrade electrical components for increased capacity and to avoid building power loss
- Upgrade heating and cooling system for enhanced temperature and efficiency management
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
- Address site drainage to prevent water intrusion into building
Early Childhood Education
- Expand learning opportunities for students ages 3-5
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.