Early Childhood Education Center
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Adams 12 Five Star Schools Early Childhood Education Center bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has began its work to help the project design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations budget. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. Construction work is anticipated to take place in Summer 2019.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
Design Advisory Group Meeting Minutes
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
- Address aging siding and gutters
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Improve security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms