Federal Heights Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Federal Heights Elementary received significant renovations and improvements in Summer 2018 as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
Work that took place this summer included security camera system replacement and upgrades, building clock system replacement, plumbing repairs and upgrades, interior renovations including interior paint, new gym equipment and art room upgrades, and new electronic card readers for staff building access.
The school will receive a new roof in 2022.
Summer 2018/Summer 2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus replacing the roof], equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, early childhood education, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof replacement as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Contractor: Taylor Kohrs
- Replace roof - 2022
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for safety, code compliance, drainage and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Install digital security camera system - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Early Childhood Education
- Expand learning opportunities for students ages 3-5 - COMPLETED SUMMER 2017
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety and security upgrades, and specials/electives.