Federal Heights Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Planned bond improvements at Federal Heights Elementary are currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's specials bond budget. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. This construction work is anticipated to start in Summer 2018. Bennett Wagner Grody Architects | CannonDesign was selected as the architect for this project in Fall 2017.
Design Advisory Group Meeting Minutes
Summer 2018/Summer 2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus replacing the roof], equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, early childhood education, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof replacement as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Contractor: Taylor Kohrs
- Replace roof
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for safety, code compliance, drainage and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules
- Install digital security camera system
Early Childhood Education
- Expand learning opportunities for students ages 3-5
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety and security upgrades, and specials/electives.