Federal Heights Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Mobile classroom roof restoration work will take place in Summer 2021.
Federal Heights Elementary receivde significant renovations and improvements as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
2018: Security camera system replacement and upgrades, building clock system replacement, plumbing repairs and upgrades, interior renovations including interior paint, new gym equipment and art room upgrades, and new electronic card readers for staff building access - COMPLETED
2019: Exterior improvements including a new staff and visitor parking lot, new playground area and a new look for the building's facade - COMPLETED
2022: Mobile classroom roof restoration work
Summer 2018/Summer 2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus replacing the roof], equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, early childhood education, and renovations & remodels- COMPLETED
2022: Roof replacement as listed below in building structure
- Repair/restore mobile classroom roof - 2021
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for safety, code compliance, drainage and ADA accessibility- COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Install digital security camera system - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Early Childhood Education
- Expand learning opportunities for students ages 3-5 - COMPLETED SUMMER 2017
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety and security upgrades, and specials/electives - COMPLETED