Glacier Peak Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Glacier Peak is taking place in Summer 2019.
- A new primary level playground located next to our intermediate level playground on the east side of our building
- Cameras on the interior and exterior of our building that will increase safety and security around Glacier Peak.
- Updated sound system for our music room/performance stage.
- Updates to our art room that include a new sink and additional storage space.
- A secured vestibule located at our main entrance that allows safe screening upon entrance to Glacier Peak
2019: All proposed work listed below in equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
2021: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure
2022: Roof repairs as listed below in building structure
Architect: Wold Architects and Engineers
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground to address safety and aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.