Hillcrest Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Hillcrest is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Minor upgrades to the existing K-5 playground and blacktop area
- Replacement of deteriorating concrete sidewalks for safety and ADA accessibility
- The reconstruction of the existing northeast asphalt parking lot
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure, and plumbing work as listed below in building systems/safety & security as well as roof and skylight replacement. Playground upgrades as listed below in equipment & furnishings, and walkway repairs as listed below in school grounds
2020: Exterior doors and windows work as listed below in building structure; technology upgrades as listed below in building systems/safety & security; and all work listed below in renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Replace roof section and repair/restore additional sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing skylight systems
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water lines
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.