Horizon High School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The first phase of bond construction work in Summer 2018 at Horizon High School focused on building structure improvements including critical repairs and restoration of the school crawlspace, security camera system replacement and upgrades, replacement of chillers and associated upgrades to air handlers and pumps and replacement of bleachers in the main gymnasium.
A second phase of renovation work is planned for Summer 2019.
2018 - Phase I - Proposed work identified below in building structure, building interiors, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels - COMPLETED -
2019 - Phase II - Proposed work identified below in building structure, building interiors, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels as well as turf work listed below in school grounds
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Architect: LOA Architecture
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Mark Young Construction
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms - COMPLETED FALL 2017
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Equipment & Furnishings
Replacement of bleachers in main gymnasium - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Move electrical service from irrigation pit for safety - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Upgrade emergency response system - work integrated Brighton Horizons Pre-K with rest of building security system - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Improve security camera system
- Upgrade one existing field to artificial turf for increased student use and decreased water and maintenance requirements.
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace theater and music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Significant renovations to Five Star Stadium to address safety and ADA accessiblity impacting all high schools
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.