Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
A roof restoration and skylight replacement project is scheduled to take place at Hulstrom K-8 in Summer 2021.
Bond improvement took place at Hulstrom K-8 in Summer 2020 and included:
- Renovations to art and music spaces
- Extensive crawlspace and plumbing repair work
- Exterior door/window restoration
- Sealing work to prevent exterior water intrustion
- Safety improvements including secured entrance vestibule
Previous bond improvement work took place in Summer 2019 and included:
- Renovations to the school playground
- All general education classrooms and the Library Media Center updated with new interactive technology (interactive whiteboard, amplification speaker system, and projectors).
2019: Playground work as listed below in equipment & furnishings- COMPLETED
2020: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus roof and skylight replacement], building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels - COMPLETED
2021: Roof restoration and skylight replacement as listed below in building structure
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace - COMPLETED
- Replace failing skylight systems
- Roof restoration
- Seal exterior brick locations to prevent water intrusion - COMPLETED
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life - COMPLETED
Equipment & Furnishings
- Replace playground for greater safety and ADA accessibility- COMPLETED
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components - COMPLETED
- Replace failing water lines - COMPLETED
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements - COMPLETED
- Install digital security camera system - COMPLETED
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems - COMPLETED
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems - COMPLETED
Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.