Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Hulstrom is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Renovations to the school playground
- All general education classrooms and the Library Media Center will be updated with new interactive technology (interactive whiteboard, amplification speaker system, and projectors).
2019: Playground work as listed below in equipment & furnishings
2020: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus roof and skylight replacement], building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof and skylight replacement as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Architect: RB+B Architects (playground improvements)
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction (playground improvements)
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing skylight systems
- Replace roof
- Seal exterior brick locations to prevent water intrusion
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
Equipment & Furnishings
- Replace playground for greater safety and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water lines
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.