Hunters Glen Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Thornton High School is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Gym Improvements - New floor, ceiling repair, and updated basketball hoops
- Music Improvements - New sound system for performances and new stage curtains
- Art Improvements – a new kiln
- Safety Improvements – Secured Entrance Vestibule and Digital Security Camera System
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure, and all proposed work listed below in renovations & remodels
2020: All remaining work as listed below in building structure, and building systems/safety & security
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Architect: Hord Coplan Macht
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms
- Replace roof
- Restore mobile classrooms
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
Building Systems / Safety & Security
Enhance electrical connections to mobile classrooms for fire and security monitoring
Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.