The International School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Thornton Middle School is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Crawlspace and plumbing repair work
Additional bond improvement work listed below is planned for Summer 2020.
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure; HVAC and plumbing work as listed below in building systems/safety & security and exterior concrete work as listed below in school grounds
2020: Roof and skylight repairs as listed below in building structure; all additional work listed below in building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing skylight systems
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace heating and cooling system components for comfort and increased reliability
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Improve security camera system
- Correct water intrusion issue
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.