Leroy Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Leroy's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure; plumbing, HVAC and electrical upgrades as listed below in building systems/safety & security; playground work as listed below equipment & furnishings; gym floor replacement as listed below in building interiors; and walkway repairs as listed below in school grounds
2020: Skylight replacement as listed below in building structure; technology installation as listed below in building systems/safety & security; all proposed work as listed below in early childhood education, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing skylight systems
- Replace gym floor
Equipment & Furnishings
- Replace playground for greater safety and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water lines
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Early Childhood Education
- Expand learning opportunities for students ages 3-5
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.