Malley Drive Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Malley Drive is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom to enhance our lessons using technology
- 40-foot climbing wall and new basketball backboards/hoops in the gym
- Sound system for cafeteria, music room and gym
- Complete makeover for the music room including performance curtains
- Secured entrance vestibule to enhance school safety
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus roof and skylight replacement], building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels, repair walkways as listed below in school grounds
2021: Roof and skylight replacement as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Architect: Hord Coplan Macht
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Replace roof section and repair/restore additional sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace failing skylight systems
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water lines
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.