McElwain Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at McElwain is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Renovations to the school playground
- Concrete repair work to improve safety and ADA accessibility
2019: Upgrade playground as listed below in equipment & furnishings and repair walkways as listed below in school grounds
2020: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Architect: RB+B Architects (playground improvements)
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction (playground improvements)
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace exterior wall tile
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for ADA accessibility and replace aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating & cooling schedules
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.