Mountain View Elementary School
Complete - New and improved! We're excited to say, your investment plan is now complete. This process was a collaborative effort. With your help, we're engaging and inspiring all students to innovate to achieve and succeed in a safe environment.
Mountain View Elementary received significant renovations and improvements in Summer 2018 as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
Work included a combination of nearly $2 million in critical building system and infrastructure improvements (such as replacement of deteriorating sewer system components, crawlspace repairs as well as safety and security upgrades) to priorities identified through the Design Advisory Group process (such as reconfigurations of building space, new interior paint and improvements to specials programs). Mountain View also received a new secured entry vestibule.
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year - COMPLETED
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Corrections to chronic drainage problems around the exterior of the building and playground - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life -
- Critical building infrastructure repairs including repair of wear on crawlspace beams and structure and improvements to crawlspace ventilation - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replacement of unitized classroom entries (door/window assemblies) at multiple classrooms including music and Deaf Hard of Hearing (DHH) space - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Repair or replacement of exterior doors and windows - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Reconfiguartion of Deaf Hard of Hearing (DHH) Program Classroom Wing including addition of ADA-accessible bathroom with changing table, washer and dryer - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Complete replacement of lighting and ceiling in Library Media Center - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replacement of operable partition between gym and cafeteria - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- New secured entry vestibule for all visitors to the school - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New exterior and interior digital security cameras - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Sidewalk replacement from main entry courtyard west to playground - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Capacity / Overcrowding
- Build a new school in the Anthem neighborhood to address community growth and prevent future overcrowding - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Renovations & Remodels
- Reconfigure student restrooms near office to provide ADA accessibility for students - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New permanent walls in school art room - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New, larger storage room for art room and new sink with solids interceptor - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Mounted digital projectors and classroom audio systems in the majority of classrooms and additional student Chromebooks - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
*Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.