Mountain View Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Mountain View Elementary will receive significant renovations and improvements in Summer 2018 as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
These planned improvements are part of building system, infrastructure and safety upgrades identified during the bond development process as well as a Design Advisory Group (DAG), of school staff, parents and community members who worked with the architectural team in Spring 2017 to prioritize a scope of renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members identified a list of primary and secondary priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This did not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades.
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Corrections to chronic drainage problems around the exterior of the building and playground
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Critical building infrastructure repairs including repair of wear on crawlspace beams and structure and improvements to crawlspace ventilation
- Replacement of unitized classroom entries (door/window assemblies) at multiple classrooms including music and Deaf Hard of Hearing (DHH) space
- Repair or replacement of exterior doors and windows
- Reconfiguartion of Deaf Hard of Hearing (DHH) Program Classroom Wing including addition of ADA-accessible bathroom with changing table, washer and dryer
- Complete replacement of lighting and ceiling in Library Media Center
- Replacement of operable partition between gym and cafeteria
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- New secured entry vestibule for all visitors to the school
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- New exterior and interior digital security cameras
- Sidewalk replacement from main entry courtyard west to playground
Capacity / Overcrowding
- Build a new school in the Anthem neighborhood to address community growth and prevent future overcrowding *Population Relief
Renovations & Remodels
- Reconfigure student restrooms near office to provide ADA accessibility for students
- New permanent walls in school art room
- New, larger storage room for art room and new sink with solids interceptor
- Mounted digital projectors and classroom audio systems in the majority of classrooms and additional student Chromebooks
*Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.