North Mor Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
North Mor Elementary will receive significant renovations and improvements in Summer 2018 as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
These planned improvements are part of building system, infrastructure and safety upgrades identified during the bond development process as well as a Design Advisory Group (DAG), of school staff, parents and community members who worked with the architectural team in Spring 2017 to prioritize a scope of renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members identified a list of primary and secondary priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This did not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades.
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
2022: Roof replacement
Architect: Cuningham Group Architecture
Construction Manager / General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
The majority of the following improvements are expected to take place at North Star Elementary in Summer 2018:
- Replace roof (2022)
- Remove and replace failing flooring in school clinic and select bathrooms
- Replace classroom windows and removed abandoned classroom unit ventilators
- Group bathrooms will be modified to provide an ADA-accessible for boys and for girls
- Provide new staff restroom in classroom wing
Equipment & Furnishings
- Replace operable partition between cafeteria and gym
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- A new secured entry vestibule for all visitors to the schools
- Replace kitchen grease interceptor
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water heater and storage tank with new water heater
- Replace failing water lines
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- New electronic card readers for safe and secure building access
- New exterior and digital security cameras
Renovations & Remodels
- Relocation of BASE office to location closer to school cafeteria
- Improvement of cafeteria acoustics
- Replacement of gym light fixtures
- Reconfigure music room and two adjacent learning specialist classrooms to create large music room with improved acoustics
- Relocation of art room to more accessible location in building
- Relocation of art kiln from exterior to interior location
- Replaced glued-on acoustic ceiling tiles in classrooms
- Mounted digital projectors and classroom audio systems in the majority of classrooms as well as Chromebooks, iPads and teacher laptops
* Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.