Northglenn High School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
A roof replacement project is planned for Northglenn High School in Summer 2021. This project will be funded with the support of a $1.7M state of Colorado BEST Grant.
A second phase of bond improvement work at Northglenn High School, which took place in Summer 2019, included:
- Conversion of existing space to add two more classrooms and help reduce class sizes as school enrollment continues to increase
- Two brand new residential kitchens to support school's catering pathway
- Major improvements to Fine Arts classrooms (ceramics, drawing and painting, and band/orchestra room)
- Major improvements in school auditorium
The first phase of bond renovation work at Northglenn High School completed in Summer 2018 included a renovation to the school cafeteria and kitchen; the installation of a large artificial turf field to replace a natural grass field; concrete repair work at the football field; structure repair in the breezeway connecting the main building and the STEM Building and flooring, lighting and ceiling improvements in the Little Theater space.
2018/2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus the roof replacement], building systems/safety & security, school grounds, and renovations & remodels - COMPLETED
2021: Roof replacement as listed below in building structure
- Replace roof section and repair/restore additional sections to extend service life
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace - COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms - COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
- Replace failing exterior windows and doors - COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace heating and cooling system components for comfort and increased reliability
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Upgrade emergency response system
- Improve security camera system
- Realign student parking for safer traffic flow - COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Convert space for multipurpose turf field in Norse Park - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ADA accessibility, ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation - COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems - COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
- Repair or replace theater and music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems - COMPLETED SUMMER 2019
- Significant renovations to Five Star Stadium to address safety and ADA accessibility impacting all high schools
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.