Riverdale Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Planned bond improvements at Riverdale Elementary are currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. This construction work is anticipated to start in Summer 2018. Bennett Wagner Grody Architects | CannonDesign was selected as the architect for this project in Fall 2017.
Design Advisory Group Meeting Minutes
2018: All proposed work listed below in building structure, equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Contractor: Taylor Kohrs
- Repair/restore deteriorating stucco
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for ADA accessibility and replace aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.