Rocky Top Middle School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
June 2020: A Design Advisory Group of school stakeholders has began meeting with their project design team to identify needs and priorities related to the use of bond funds, including money designated for upgrades to art and music programs. These improvements are planned for Summer 2021.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Rocky Top's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2021: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Thunder Vista P-8 opened in August 2018 to address overcrowding at Rocky Top Middle School.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve security camera system
Capacity / Overcrowding
Build a new school in the Anthem neighborhood to relieve overcrowding and address community growth *Population Relief
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.