Shadow Ridge Middle School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Shadow Ridge Middle School bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of bond renovation work. As part of this process, DAG members will review the scope of already identified critical deferred maintenance needs as well as safety and security upgrades and also establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from art and music renovations budgets. This construction work is anticipated to take place in Summer 2019.
2019: All proposed work listed below in building systems/safety & security, school grounds, and renovations & remodels
Architect: Wold Architects and Engineers
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace failing water heater and storage tanks
- Replace failing water lines
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Improve security camera system
- Repair/restore track
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.