Skyview Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Thornton High School is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Installation of a new sound system and stage curtain
- A new kindergarten playground and blacktop activities
- Installation of two new water fountains with bottle fillers
- A new main entrance security vestibule and additional digital security cameras
- Sealing of all windows and doors and new interior paint
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for ADA accessibility and replace aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.