Skyview Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Skyview Elementary bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of bond renovation work. As part of this process, DAG members will review the scope of already identified critical deferred maintenance needs as well as safety and security upgrades and also establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from a special renovations fund. This construction work is anticipated to take place in Summer 2019.
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building interiors, equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
Architect: Wold Architects and Engineers
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for ADA accessibility and replace aging equipment
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.