STEM Launch K-8
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov. 8, 2016, the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The STEM Launch K-8 bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's budgets for general renovations as well as art and music renovation upgrades. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. This construction work is anticipated to begin in Summer 2019.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace roof
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Improve security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
- Repair/restore track
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.