The Studio School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Studio School bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's budgets for general renovations as well as art and music renovation upgrades. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. This construction work is anticipated to begin in Summer 2019.
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, equipment & furnishings, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
Architect: Wold Architects and Engineers
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace deteriorating window seals
- Replace failing skylight systems
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade playground for safety, code compliance, drainage and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace theater and music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.