Tarver Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Tarver is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Upgrades to the school playground
- Improvements to specials classes including new stage curtains and storage (music), new sinks and storage (art) and new ceiling tiles in gymnasium
- Crawlspace and plumbing repair work
- Building electrical system upgrades
- New main entry secured vestibule
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure; all work listed below in building systems/safety & security [minus technology upgrades]; all work listed below in renovations & remodels, playground work as listed below in equipment and furnishings.
2020: All remaining work as listed below in building structure; and technology upgrades as listed below in building systems/safety & security
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Architect: Architect: Hord Coplan Macht
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms
- Replace failing exterior windows and doors
Equipment & Furnishings
- Replace playground for safety and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Upgrade electrical components for increased capacity
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.