Thornton Elementary School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Thornton Elementary is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Technology upgrades in all classrooms
- Secure vestibule entrance for the front of the school
- Renovation and upgrade of the library
- Upgrades to the gym, music and art rooms
- New permanent walls and new windows in every classroom
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building interiors, building systems/safety & security, school grounds, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
Architect: Wold Architects and Engineers
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Krische Construction
- Replace failing exterior doors
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace aging plumbing fixtures
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.