Thornton High School
Construction - Here we go! With the planning and design phase complete, construction is underway at your school to accomplish the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work at Thornton High School is taking place in Summer 2019.
- Renovation of kitchen and cafeteria as well as commons area
- Upgrades to auditorium and music/art classrooms
- Upgrades our soccer practice field to a turf field
- Building system improvements including new fire alarm and gas line replacement and HVAC upgrades
- Improvements to digital security camera system and installation of main entry secured vestibule
Architect: Cuningham Group Architecture
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels, turf work as listed below in school grounds
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms
- Replace roof
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating heating and cooling system components to avoid potential system failure
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Upgrade emergency response system
- Improve security camera system
- Upgrade one existing field to artificial turf for increased student use and decreased water and maintenance requirements
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems.
- Repair or replace theater and music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems.
- Significant renovations to Five Star Stadium to address safety and ADA accessiblity impacting all high schools
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.