Thornton High School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Thornton High School bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. This construction work is anticipated to take place in Summer 2018.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
Architect: Cuningham Group Architecture
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels, turf work as listed below in school grounds
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms
- Replace roof
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating heating and cooling system components to avoid potential system failure
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Upgrade emergency response system
- Improve security camera system
- Upgrade one existing field to artificial turf for increased student use and decreased water and maintenance requirements
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems.
- Repair or replace theater and music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems.
- Significant renovations to Five Star Stadium to address safety and ADA accessiblity impacting all high schools
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.