Westview Elementary School
We're excited to say your investment plan is now primarily complete. Some additional work will happen later in the bond program. With your help, we're engaging and inspiring all students to innovate to achieve and succeed in a safe environment.
Westview Elementary received significant renovations and improvements in Summer 2018 as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
Work included a combination of nearly $2 million in critical building system and infrastructure improvements (such as exterior drainage improvement and exterior classroom window replacement, well as safety and security upgrades) to priorities identified through the Design Advisory Group process (such as new tubular daylighting in classrooms, addition of windows in school cafeteria, new interior paint and improvements to specials programs). Westview also received a new secured entry vestibule.
This school will receive a new roof in 2021.
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year - COMPLETED
2021: Roof replacement
- Replace roof (2021)
- Exterior classroom window replacement throughout the building - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New tubular daylighting devices in art and music classrooms to allow more benefical natural light - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Remove abandoned unit ventilators from classrooms to allow more teaching space - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Painting of corridor accent walls and door frames - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Equipment & Furnishings
- Flooring and fixture replacement in student bathrooms - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New classroom and building furniture purchased with Instructional Upgrades bond money - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- New secured entry vestibule for all visitors to our school - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replace failing water lines - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New electronic card readers for safe and secure building access - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New exterior and interior digital security cameras - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New asphalt outdoor hard surface play area - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Drainage improvements to eliminate playground flooding - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Replacement of playground pea gravel with engineered wood fiber - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
Renovations & Remodels
- Sound improvements in music rooms - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- New ventilation system for art kiln room - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
- Mounted digital projectors and classroom audio systems in the majority of classrooms as well as classroom and building furniture upgrades - COMPLETED SUMMER 2018
* Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.