Westview Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Westview Elementary will receive significant renovations and improvements in Summer 2018 as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
These planned improvements are part of building system, infrastructure and safety upgrades identified during the bond development process as well as a Design Advisory Group (DAG), of school staff, parents and community members who worked with the architectural team in Spring 2017 to prioritize a scope of renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members identified a list of primary and secondary priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This did not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades.
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
2021: Roof replacement
Architect: Cuningham Group Architecture
Construction Manager / General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Replace roof (2021)
- Exterior classroom window replacement throughout the building
- New tubular daylighting devices in art and music classrooms to allow more benefical natural light
- Remove abandoned unit ventilators from classrooms to allow more teaching space
- Painting of corridor accent walls and door frames
Equipment & Furnishings
- Flooring and fixture replacement in student bathrooms
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- New secured entry vestibule for all visitors to our school
- Replace failing water lines
- New electronic card readers fpr safe and secure building access
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- New exterior and interior digital security cameras
- New asphalt outdoor hard surface play area
- Drainage improvements to eliminate playground flooding
- Replacement of playground pea gravel with engineered wood fiber
Renovations & Remodels
- Sound improvements in music rooms
- New ventilation system for art kiln room
- Mounted digital projectors and classroom audio systems in the majority of classrooms as well as classroom and building furniture upgrades.
* Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.