Community encouraged to attend QPR Training
Three steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide
Adams 12 Five Star Schools, in collaboration with Partners for Children's Mental Health, will offer multiple Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) trainings to our community during the week of December 7-11, 2020 at no cost.
QPR is a course focused on reducing suicidal behaviors by providing innovative, practical and proven suicide prevention strategies. This training is designed for anyone, eighteen years and older, who wants to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know.
Each QPR session is limited to only 40 participants.
In this course participants will learn more about suicide and how to support someone who may be experiencing feelings of suicide. Key components covered in the training:
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- Common causes of suicidal behavior
- Warning signs of suicide
- How to help someone in crisis
Due to the nature of the content covered by QPR, please read the recommendations below on how to create an environment that will maximize your learning.
- Please ensure you have reliable internet connectivity and computer audio/video
- We encourage you to secure a confidential and quiet space for you to engage in this training.
- It is important that we are able to be in contact with all participants throughout the training. All participants will be required to have their computer video camera “on.” This is a QPR requirement.
- If mental health needs arise during the training, we ask that participants reach out to the facilitator. This training will include a facilitator who can offer support to participants if needed.
- Please be aware that a facilitator will contact you in the event you “leave” the training prior to its conclusion. If the address and phone number you provided during your account set up are different than how you can be reached during this training, please email your updated information prior to the start of the training to the corresponding organization that you originally signed up with.
- Given the heaviness of this subject, we recommend that you plan to engage in intentional self-care following the event.
Each session has its own unique RSVP link. Please click below on the session of your choice.
Sessions provided by Adams 12 Five Star Schools with Spanish interpretation available
- 12/7: 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. (Spanish interpretation available) - Click here to RSVP
- 12/8: 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. (Spanish interpretation available) - Click here to RSVP
- 12/10: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. (Spanish interpretation available) - Click here to RSVP
Sessions provided by Partners for Children’s Mental Health:
- 12/8: 9 - 10:30 a.m. - Click here to RSVP
- 12/9: 12 - 1:30 p.m. - Click here to RSVP
- 12/10: 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Click here to RSVP
If sessions are full or you cannot find a date/time that works with your schedule, please fill out this form. We may offer additional sessions in January and people on this list will receive first priority.