District seeks feedback from students through social-emotional learning survey
Panorama Education will provide Adams 12 Five Star Schools with a survey focused on learning more about students' social-emotional needs.
Social-emotional learning is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others and maintain positive relationships.
Over 7,000 parents, staff, students and community members participated in the development of the districts strategic plan, ELEVATE, that features goals of student achievement, culture and climate, as well as significant interest in increasing social-emotional learning and resources for all students. The Panorama Student Survey will provide one means of measuring the impact of the resources on students’ social emotional learning. Panorama also administers the staff and family surveys for the Five Star District.
The survey window will be open from Oct. 21, 2019 through Nov. 8, 2019.
The survey will measure student perceptions of the following nine topic areas:
● Growth Mindset - How well students are able to persevere through setbacks to achieve important long-term goals.
● Self-Management - How well students manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different situations.
● Social Awareness - How well students consider the perspectives of others and empathize with them.
● Self-Efficacy - How much students believe they can succeed in achieving academic outcomes.
● Emotion Regulation - How well students regulate their emotions.
● School Climate - Perceptions of the overall social and learning climate of the school.
● Teacher-Student Relationships - How strong the social connection is between teachers and students within and beyond the school.
● Sense of Belonging - How much students feel that they are valued members of the school community.
● School Safety - Perceptions of student physical and psychological safety while at school.
*Please note: not all questions within the Panorama Student Survey Guidebook will be included in the Adams 12 Five Star School Student Survey. Only questions pertaining to the nine categories listed above will be included.