Earn your first two years of college credit for free!
Teacher Recruitment Education and Preparation Program
TREP creates the opportunity for qualified students in a teaching career pathway to have two years of college paid for after their senior year.
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Remain enrolled at the high school for a fifth and sixth year. (You will take courses on the college campus, not on the high school campus.)
- Be under the age of 21.
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Be on track to meet all high school graduation requirements by the end of your senior year.
- Complete one course during 12th grade in the list of approved Educator Pathway Courses.
- Not be in need of basic skills or remedial course work as defined by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education's (CCHE) remedial education policy.
- Have satisfied the minimum prerequisites for the college classes before your enrollment in the course, including having the required SAT, ACT or Accuplacer scores.
- Have an updated Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) with your HS counselor.
- Apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF).
- Apply to and be accepted into the Colorado postsecondary institution where you plan to take college classes.
It might not be a fit for you, if:
You want to attend college out of state
You plan to play college sports and register with NCAA
Questions, or are you ready to enroll?
Talk to your school counselor, or email
- MSU Denver
- Any Colorado Community College System school