District Charter School Authorizing
Adams 12 Five Star Schools strives to provide quality charter school authorizing based on these principles:
- Maintaining high expectations for student achievement and overall school performance
- Protecting student and public interests
- Recognizing charter school autonomy
The District’s Office of Charter Partnerships maintains quality charter school authorizing principles and supports charter school success through collaboration and annual performance monitoring across multiple areas, including:
- Academic growth and achievement
- Financial accountability and transparency
- Organizational performance, including effective governance practices and other opportunities for parent involvement.
- Positive, safe school climate and culture
- Equal access and educational opportunities for all students, including those with special learning needs.